- Tuesday, 04 September 2018
Investrust Bank Plc (IBP) is looking for a suitably qualified, vibrant and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Internal Audit Manager that has fallen vacant under the Audit Department.
Position title: Internal Audit Manager
Location: Lusaka Main
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Head Internal Audit, assist the Head of Internal Audit with providing an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the operations of Investrust Bank Plc. The internal audit activities involve analysing risks and controls, recommending process and control improvements, and providing reports summarising audit activity to relevant stakeholders. The job holder will be responsible for the following:
1. Assist the Head of Internal Audit in developing and delivering the internal audit plan for the Bank.
2. Adherence to performance management process and maintain high focused performance culture.
3. Establish risk-based audit programmes, as well as review and refinement of audit programmes.
4. Lead and manage multiple audit assignments and supervising and developing (coaching and training) the Bank’s less experienced auditors.
5. Conduct financial, operational, system and compliance audit testing of planned and ad-hoc areas in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and identification of reportable issues related to suitability of internal control design and compliance with policies and procedures.
6. Complete planned audit work according to schedule (internal audit plan) and produce reports for review by the Head of Internal Audit within budgeted time lines.
7. Verbally communicate findings to the Head of Internal Audit and draft comprehensive and complete internal audit reports that reflect objectivity, clarity and constructive recommendations for improvement with sufficient detail to support the findings and recommendations in a concise manner.
8. To provide support in thoroughly investigating all unusual incidents where requested by the Head of Internal Audit.
9. Assist the Head of Internal Audit to address all audit issues brought to the attention of the Internal Audit department by the External Auditors.
10. Assist the Head of Internal Audit with providing audit counselling, advisory and decision support service to various units of the Bank.
11. Ensuring the coordination of the internal audit assignments workflow that includes planning, scheduling, execution, finalisation and staffing.
12. Be a team player and embrace the affiliate’s compliance principles as a key component of the audit process.
13. Ensure audit exceptions are resolved timely.
14. Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices is always considered.
15. Support line functions in coordinating various awareness training sessions as directed by the Head of Internal Audit.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
• Full Grade 12 certificate.
• Minimum – Qualified Chartered Accountant, ACCA/CIMA/CA.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be added advantage.
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)/Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in internal audit/external audit/risk management, two (2) years of which should be at a managerial level.
• Concrete understanding of the Internal Audit process and risk management framework in Banking and related risks.
• A thorough in depth knowledge of the Bank’s control environment, commercial fraud prevention and investigations as well as business continuity planning.
• A meticulous knowledge of the Bank’s business.
• Knowledge and experience in the identification and measurement of control weaknesses plus the risks they pose.
• The ability to analyse complex situations and document them into succinct reports.
• Experience of prevention measures, management techniques and research methods.
• Sound experience in working with audit software tools such as ACL, Team Mate etc.
The job holder should possess strong skills in data mining and critical analysis, report writing, excellent communication, problem solving and confidence.